Live Mesh for Windows phone XDA Atmos (HTC) cannot add. RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed in another thread that you need a promo code to add your mobile device to live mesh as my device comes up with the limted availability message. I found the link to the promo code and it was unavailable. Can I add my device or was it only for a limited few?
    Monday, November 16, 2009 11:41 AM

Answers

• As far as I know, it is still valid.
    Here's the information from the announcement post, which I can't link to:

If you have a mobile phone with Windows Mobile 6.0 or higher, you can add these devices to your mesh.  Live Mesh for Mobile access requires the following invitation code:
    https://www.mesh.com/Web/Promo.aspx?pcode=Mob_FCFS1.

1.  Click the invitation code link above
    2.  Sign-in with your Windows Live ID
    3.  Go to www.mesh.com
    4.  In your device ring, select Add Device
    5.  Under the install button, select "Use Live Mesh for mobile devices"
    6.  A new window with the rest of the procedure will pop-up, follow the instructions.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, November 16, 2009 2:23 PM

All replies

• As far as I know, it is still valid.
    Here's the information from the announcement post, which I can't link to:

If you have a mobile phone with Windows Mobile 6.0 or higher, you can add these devices to your mesh.  Live Mesh for Mobile access requires the following invitation code:
    https://www.mesh.com/Web/Promo.aspx?pcode=Mob_FCFS1.

1.  Click the invitation code link above
    2.  Sign-in with your Windows Live ID
    3.  Go to www.mesh.com
    4.  In your device ring, select Add Device
    5.  Under the install button, select "Use Live Mesh for mobile devices"
    6.  A new window with the rest of the procedure will pop-up, follow the instructions.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, November 16, 2009 2:23 PM
  • Stephen, I have an HTC Imagio and I have tried several ways to install live mesh to my device and it fails every time.
    Monday, November 16, 2009 5:15 PM
  • Stephen, I have an HTC Imagio and I have tried several ways to install live mesh to my device and it fails every time.

The newer HTC devices have an issue running Live Mesh. I'm not familiar with that model, but if it was released within the last 6-12 months, you'll need to await a new version of Live Mesh for Windows Mobile. Unfortunately, I don't know when we can expect a new version.
    -steve
    Monday, November 16, 2009 5:34 PM
  • HI Steve,
    I clicked on the link and as before I got this message "Sorry, the Live Mesh Tech Preview is currently out of invitations. Please check back soon.

(Code: 8cb2c3c1-e809, 11/17/2009 9:09 AM UTC, BL1WLC2040315)"

Jimbo 
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:19 AM
  • HI Steve,
    I clicked on the link and as before I got this message "Sorry, the Live Mesh Tech Preview is currently out of invitations. Please check back soon.

(Code: 8cb2c3c1-e809, 11/17/2009 9:09 AM UTC, BL1WLC2040315)"

Jimbo 

I just tried it and had no problems. Are you signed in with a LiveID and have you already accepted the license agreement for Live Mesh?
    What is the location of your LiveID profile in http://account.live.com ?
    -steve
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 1:51 PM