Certificates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can someone tell me the process for configuring and updating certificates? Here is what I know... and I am incorrect on this.

1. Configure Certificates on OCS Setup Wizard, and create a new certificate

2. Use the certificate authority to assign the certificate (I used the Certification Authority tool) within my certification authority server

3. Complete the Certification step by assigning the same certificate in the OCS Setup wizard.

I know that this process is incorrect and would like some clarity. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Akshai

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 4:45 PM

Answers

• Hey,

I think I spotted my error. I was using SP2 version of Server 2003. I understand that this version is not supported. I am now installing Server 2003 R2.

Let me know if you have any more thoughts about this issue. I hope that was the problem.

Thanks

Akshai

Thursday, July 5, 2007 4:30 AM

All replies

• Did you follow the steps in the installation guide? Always worked a treat for me and I dont think I can expand much more on those.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2007 5:10 PM
  • Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your reply... I am quite new to this. Suppose I choose to configure a new certificate and follow the steps. At the very end, the step is displayed as paritially complete at that point. How do I proceed?

Thanks

Akshai

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 5:14 PM
  • What step (from the instructions) does it say it was partially successfull? And can you view the logs? If you can give me some more to go on, i'll setup another box from scratch and see if I can help more.
    Wednesday, July 4, 2007 6:04 PM
  • Hey,

I think I spotted my error. I was using SP2 version of Server 2003. I understand that this version is not supported. I am now installing Server 2003 R2.

Let me know if you have any more thoughts about this issue. I hope that was the problem.

Thanks

Akshai

Thursday, July 5, 2007 4:30 AM