windows home server C drive full RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

My c drive has 12 gb free space until few days ago. Now suddenly it says full with 500 MB free space. Inside C drive WINDOWS folder is more than 15Gb. But inside WINDOWS folder I dont find any folders that are large.

Thanks for any help

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 11:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

check the logfiles folder (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Home Server\logs). Sometimes there is a log file exploding.

Delete the biggest log file, reboot and check, if there is some log file growing fast and big again. If so, check it's content and solve the background issue.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 2:55 PM
  • Hi,

I dont find any huge file inside Application Data folder. Documents and Settings folder is just 1.26 GB. However C:\Windows folder is nearly 16GB. But I dont find any huge file/folder inside C:\Windows folder.

I have checked show hidden files and folder in control panel's folders options.

Any idea please??

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 4:49 PM
  • You could download and install the free edition of TreeSize and check your system drive in that tool. This will show you, which subfolders are the biggest.

In Windows you have also some folders, which may become large, i.e. C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles or C:\Windows\Temp.

If you do not plan, to uninstall any updates, you can also delete all $NTUninstall.... folders. (Do not delete $HFMIG.)

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 3:03 PM