none
One of my thread is in locked state ... RRS feed

Answers

• The entire forum was locked after the product team announced the forum's retirement. maybe you can repost following the instructions in the sticky retirement thread?

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 5:30 PM

All replies

• Probably because it was a broken formatting thread, moderator locked it. Hopefully the formatting can be fixed and the thread will be unlocked.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Sunday, September 2, 2012 10:46 PM
  • Naomi's right. The real issue here is the corrupt thread. We need to fix it, so I'm treating this thread as a request to fix it (and unlock it).

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, September 3, 2012 8:20 AM
    Owner
  • The entire forum was locked after the product team announced the forum's retirement. maybe you can repost following the instructions in the sticky retirement thread?

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 5:30 PM
  • Wouldn't the admin be able to resurrect and rejuvenate the thread onto a newer location? If I post it, it is going to be construed as a duplicate post right?
    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 7:24 PM
  • An moderator can move it out if the forum were reopened, but that require higher permission, I doubt that will happen. 

You can add a link to the original post in your new post and state the original forum is closed for discussion.

Visual C++ MVP

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 7:34 PM
  • BTW, I see lots of threads in that forum and all of them are locked and have no answers. Does it mean that the people are able to post into that locked forum? 

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 7:41 PM
  • The forum was locked recently, but you can't post to a locked forum.

Visual C++ MVP

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 7:43 PM