none
Can not log into PuTTY RRS feed

• Question

• So I am new to all of this. I just downloaded PuTTY, I am doing it through my school at BYUI, and it prompts me to put in my NetID. I do so, and it prompts me to put in the password. However when I attempt to type the password the program does not respond. No letters or anything will appear on the screen. If anyone has an idea of how to fix this it is very welcome.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2019 11:48 PM

All replies

• On 1/8/2019 6:48 PM, Tabear wrote:

So I am new to all of this. I just downloaded PuTTY, I am doing it through my school at BYUI, and it prompts me to put in my NetID. I do so, and it prompts me to put in the password. However when I attempt to type the password the program does not respond. No letters or anything will appear on the screen. If anyone has an idea of how to fix this it is very welcome.

That's normal. Just type in your password blind, and hit Enter.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 12:33 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

This forum is about c++ development. It seems that your issue is more related to the PuTTY, this is a third-party soft, so I will move it to off-topic forum, I suggest you could post your issue on the Putty Feedback.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 3:20 AM