Duplicate Detection Rule is not working RRS feed

• Question

•   Hi Friends,

I Have created a junction entity to Create custom N:N relationship between Entity A   and Entity B

So instead of directly having N:N relationship Entity A and Entity B will share relationship through junction entity.

Entity A ---------> Junction <-----------Entity B

What I observed after implementing this N:N relationship is that ,  its allowing duplicates. Ok then I got one solution from following link 

So implemented it,  created a Duplicate detection rule, Published it. now when I get back to Entity A and associate duplicate records, its still allowing duplicates........

Can any one please give me an idea on how to trouble shoot this?

I have Created  rule  and published it, its a simple rule some thing like following

Unchecked Case Sensitive

Junction.Field1  Exact Match

Junction.Field2  Exact Match

I have checked that everything is fine under  Settings->Data Management->Duplicate Detection settings. still I am able to add duplecate's

Thanks Regards Prashanth Kamasamudram Even the least work done for others awakens the power within; even thinking the least good of others gradually instills into the heart the strength of a lion.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Prashanth,

What version of CRM are you using?

In CRM 2013, duplicate detection no longer occurs when records are created or updated.  There are more details here: http://dynamicscrmgirl.wordpress.com/2013/10/27/crm-2013-bye-bye-duplicate-detection/

Tom

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 12:07 PM
  •  We are using CRM 2013, sad to know that duplicate detection rule is not working any more :(

But is there any other way we can do this, any out of box approach......

Thanks Regards Prashanth Kamasamudram Even the least work done for others awakens the power within; even thinking the least good of others gradually instills into the heart the strength of a lion.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:17 PM