Who has Zentity deployed in production at an *.edu site? RRS feed

• Question

• Folks, does anyone have Zentity deployed in a production environment at an academic institution and could give me access to check it out?

I do appreciate that MS Research is creating products for academia.  While we are in dire need of a publications database I am not entirely sure whether Zentity is a good fit.  I am particularly concerned about both the Pivot Viewer and Visual Explorer just being gimmicks that do not actually contribute to finding information quickly and that require far too much user interaction (and training) in order to cut down on the information overload.  The demo doesn't really adequately address this issue because the data volume is just too small.

I would love to have a look at a deployed and well populated installation if anyone cares to share.  Likewise, if you have it deployed at an *.edu site, what has your end-user feedback been thus far?

Thanks in advance for any insight you are able to provide.

Monday, August 1, 2011 7:33 PM

All replies

• Ok, so no one at an *.edu site.  Is anyone using Zentity in production at all?
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 5:07 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for this late response.

Thank you for showing interest on Zentity.

Here are some of the links that might help you to explore more about Zentity

For your first question, refer this link http://www.utadeo.edu.co/programas/ceri_new/rita.html it has been deployed at UJTL as Live.

Please also go through the following links for more details.

a.      ESRC Grant Data – about | Grant Data in pivot viewer

b.      Homecoming Scotland Archive – Main site | Explore the archive

c.      Universidad Jorge Tadeo Lozano – Main site | Biology Theses in Pivot Viewer | Visual Explorer

Please mark this thread as answered if this answers your query

Regards,

MSR ER Support Team

• Proposed as answer by Kalnemi Monday, July 9, 2012 9:26 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 9:14 AM
  • Here are some of the links that might help you to explore more about Zentity.

Abdul Raziq, it's not quite Zentity example. It's Pivot only.
    The worth example is "Homecoming Scotland Archive" because it uses Zentity like a gallery.
    Some links don't work now.
    Is there any opportunity to connect to Zentity team?

• Proposed as answer by ItSurfer Friday, November 4, 2011 2:45 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by ItSurfer Friday, November 4, 2011 2:46 PM
    • Edited by ItSurfer Friday, November 4, 2011 3:00 PM
    Friday, November 4, 2011 2:39 PM
  • What skills it required, how much time you had, how many people?

Friday, November 4, 2011 2:57 PM
  • Hi,

Apologies for the delayed responses on all the recent threads.

To customize Zentity  you need to have the following .NET skills with C# language common to all.

For Zenitity.Core -> Entity Framework, 4.0

For Zenity.Services -> WCF

For Zenity.Applications (zentity websites) -> ASP.NET and silverlight.

Zentity is customizable at all levels. Zentity.ScholarlyWorks is built upon Zentity.Core.

Also, Zentity WebUI (the pivotviewer) uses PivotViewer. And all the above uses Zentity as product. You can have an entirely different UI (simple or complex) from the existing one. But it will reuire a lots of work.

Please let me know if you have any further query in learning Zentity.

Regards,
    MSR ER Support Team  

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 6:37 AM