Final release RRS feed

• Question

• 1. Does MS annouced a binding date for the final release of OCS 2007 ?

2. How do i have to licence the installation of a sever role ? Will i have to pay for each role the full product licence, or am I a allowed to install the roles without additional licence costs as long as i do only install each role once ?

Thanks a lot for some answers

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 7:49 AM

Answers

• No, the final release dates are not yet public.

Licensing is done per server, regardless of role.  You need Enterprise licenses only for servers in a pool.  For the most part all the other servers can be licensed with the Standard Edition.  Edge servers cannot be in a pool and therefore should always be licensed as Standard Edition servers.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 6:33 PM

All replies

• No, the final release dates are not yet public.

Licensing is done per server, regardless of role.  You need Enterprise licenses only for servers in a pool.  For the most part all the other servers can be licensed with the Standard Edition.  Edge servers cannot be in a pool and therefore should always be licensed as Standard Edition servers.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 6:33 PM
  • Thanx,

So regardless of how many roles the server ownes, if i install only one role i have to pay for the hole product licence. That is a money printing maschine.  

Regards. 

Friday, July 20, 2007 10:38 AM
  • For along time I've heard the end of July.  Can anyone post or reply to me privately if the product will hit close to this?  We've just signed a lease for a branch office and would really like to greenfield this as we've been an LCS user since the beginning and it's a great product.

-trevor (tmiller@iqep.com.nospam)

Friday, July 20, 2007 7:49 PM