installing one care free trial version RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot instal the free trial of one care.  The only option is to pay $49.95 for a one year subscription.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 6:22 PM

Answers

• You should be able to install the trial from http://onecare.live.com - use the get it now link.
    Once installed, you will have a trial for 90 days - don't click the subscribe link.
    If you had OneCare on the PC prior, your trial period will be only 15 days.
    If you are being told that your trial expired immediately upon installing it, your PC date and time are likely incorrect. Check that and reboot after fixing it.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, June 29, 2009 6:28 PM

All replies

• You should be able to install the trial from http://onecare.live.com - use the get it now link.
    Once installed, you will have a trial for 90 days - don't click the subscribe link.
    If you had OneCare on the PC prior, your trial period will be only 15 days.
    If you are being told that your trial expired immediately upon installing it, your PC date and time are likely incorrect. Check that and reboot after fixing it.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, June 29, 2009 6:28 PM
  • I don't see the get it now link.  I  do see the trial link.  I clicked the trial link and ran the program.  My computer restarted and I was prompted to enter my Live ID and link to a subscription.  Why is the free trial not activating??  Thank you.

Monday, June 29, 2009 6:51 PM
  • HI!

Onecare should take your subscription after you sign-in with your live id and password.  Do you have a subscription already? If YES,  You can verify your subscription by opening Onecare -- Help --About windows live onecare, check for the subscription id, it should be the same as your live id associated with your subscription. If NONE, then you don't need to sign -in wth your live id.

-----
    bayabasgirl29
    Monday, June 29, 2009 7:04 PM
  • that doesn't help with installing the free trial version, which is my goal.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 7:11 PM
  • It has been a long time since I installed the trial. If you choose not to sign in, what happens? Have you checked the date and time on your PC by right clicking the clock in the system tray? If it is wrong, your trial will start as expired.
    Sorry about calling the link "get it now." It was that some time back.

-steve
    Monday, June 29, 2009 11:51 PM