Changable Labour Rates. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom form called Vehicle Job Form. It contains a field called labour rate. I want on creation to be able to autopopulate this field with the clients choice of a labour rate. However, they must be able to change this field, and of course older records should not be effected if the labour rate is changed.

What's the best way to do this. To Clarify i dont want them to type it in every time and it needs to be updatable without me having to go into code and changing it everytime. The Client needs to be able to change this rate.

I was thinking of adding a new entity for labour rate, but how can i make this work in this situation.
    • Edited by KKHAN1991 Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:58 AM

All replies

• Create your entity for labor rate - probably has one field. Make sure you lock down who has access to create/delete this entity type with security roles. Then based on the logic you need create a single record to hold the value you need to populate. This will make the value easily editable for admins without changing code. 

On your vehicle  - add code to the form's OnLoad event that fires only when a new record is created - this code will query the lone record and return the value and populate it into the appropriate field.

You could also take this same approach if you need multiple rates - just add logic to the query to retrieve the correct record. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 1:09 PM