PP1 rc4 + Server Application Unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have installed PP1 rc4 this morning... When I try to connect I get this message :

Server Application Unavailable

The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable.  Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

The https port is 4443 (443 blocked by my isp Telus) and the settings (web site propeties+firewall) seem to be ok.
    Something else, my HP Mediaserver is a little bit slow. When I check in the Windows task Manager the PF usage is very high + - 600mb.

Is it possible to uninstall PP1 ?

Thanks

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:47 PM

Answers

• I'm assuming you are trying to access your .homeserver.com address?

yes and by my ip directly too

You could try turning off the website settings and turning them back on in WHS.. maybe WHS will fix it.
    No it did not

I believe the removal process is just through Add/Remove Programs

It was not there, I went to different forums and I didn't find the way to un-install it.

If I have few hours to kill, I will re-install WHS. My mistake, next time I will wait till the final service pack.

Thanks for your answer.

Update : I have restarted the website, rebooted the Mediasmart and it's fine.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:27 PM

All replies

• I'm assuming you are trying to access your .homeserver.com address? You could try turning off the website settings and turning them back on in WHS.. maybe WHS will fix it.

Yes you can uninstall PP1. I believe the removal process is just through Add/Remove Programs (after Remote Desktop into the server)
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:41 PM
  • I'm assuming you are trying to access your .homeserver.com address?

yes and by my ip directly too

You could try turning off the website settings and turning them back on in WHS.. maybe WHS will fix it.
    No it did not

I believe the removal process is just through Add/Remove Programs

It was not there, I went to different forums and I didn't find the way to un-install it.

If I have few hours to kill, I will re-install WHS. My mistake, next time I will wait till the final service pack.

Thanks for your answer.

Update : I have restarted the website, rebooted the Mediasmart and it's fine.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:27 PM