none
product key code RRS feed

• Question

• I have MS Office Home & Student 2007 and being asked for a 25 character product key code that was not with installation disc.  Need help to remedy this dellima! 

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 4:58 PM

Answers

•  

Hell roo_roo196,

The Product Key (found on the sticker on the side or bottom of your computer) is for Windows only and will not work for Office.

Full Versions of Office do not, normally, come standard on computers. Computer Manufacturers will often include a Trial version of Office, which allows you to use it for a limited time, but if you wish to continue using it, you would need to by a Full Version of Office.

If the copy of Office, that came with your computer, is supposed to be a Full Version, then the Product key would be included in the documentation that came with the computer. If you are unable to find the Office Product Key and you still believe that the computer should have come with a Full Version of Office, please contact the Person, Company, and/or the Computer Manufacturer, that you bought the computer from, for further assistance.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 10:32 PM

All replies

•  

Hell roo_roo196,

The Product Key (found on the sticker on the side or bottom of your computer) is for Windows only and will not work for Office.

Full Versions of Office do not, normally, come standard on computers. Computer Manufacturers will often include a Trial version of Office, which allows you to use it for a limited time, but if you wish to continue using it, you would need to by a Full Version of Office.

If the copy of Office, that came with your computer, is supposed to be a Full Version, then the Product key would be included in the documentation that came with the computer. If you are unable to find the Office Product Key and you still believe that the computer should have come with a Full Version of Office, please contact the Person, Company, and/or the Computer Manufacturer, that you bought the computer from, for further assistance.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 10:32 PM
  • Thanks a million!  I feel STUUUUUPIIID! LOL! 

Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:11 AM
  • I purchased micr office on fathers day I loaded on my laptop while I was in Phoenix working I came back to Austin TX for vacation and I am trying to access excel and it is asking for the Product Key Code. I left my box in phoenix where I work. Can I get it off of my word program I know I put it in during installation.

Monday, June 23, 2008 9:56 PM
  •  

~If you bought Word and Excel togeather as a suite (i.e. Word, Excel and maybe some other Office products in the same box) then when you entered the Product Key into Word and Activated it, Excel (and the other office products from the suite) would have Activated as well.

But to answer your question, in the above situation, yes, the product key for Word should work in the Excel (from the same Office Suite), but I am concerned why if Word has been activated, why Excel (from the same Suite) is not activated. 

~If you bought Word and Excel separately then the product key for Word, would not work in Excell.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Monday, June 23, 2008 10:33 PM