OFF TOPIC: Spam RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm a novice when it comes to the internet &  when I phoned Microsoft to ask a question was told because I've Windows '98 they cannot provide assistance by phone. I checked my 'Idiot's Guide to Windows'98' then went thru the Knowledge Base & still couldn't find an answer to a very basic question & am not certain I'm writing the correct place to get help but here goes... In the past with the ISP I was using I could just put a checkmark in front of whichever e-mails I wished & then with 1 stroke click delete & all those checked would be gone. I'm wasting up to 45 minutes daily now with Outlook Express scrolling down & having to click  delete for each & every listing. There's got to be a better way. Would someone please be so kind to share this information or refer me to the correct source.  Many thanks.
    Tuesday, May 29, 2007 11:10 PM

All replies

• you can try looking here www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-usdefault you can try the help in the UI of Outlook Express and that is about all I can help you with. Yes you are posting in the wrong forum amd are off topic, but I hope I was some help

Chuck

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 11:36 PM
  • Does your ISP have a web mail interface? Perhaps that would allow you to set up junk mail filtering on their server. I suggest contacting your current ISP to discuss your options. OE has the ability to set up rules so you can move mail from known senders to another folder and then you could scan the remaining messages and any you want, rag and drop manually. Then after you've moved the ones you want, highlight one and press Ctrl-A to select all and then hit delete.

-steve

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 1:42 AM