VGA signal cut during boot RRS feed

• Question

• When my WHS box boots, the VGA signal to a locally attached monitor is cut just as the screen switches to black after the black "Windows Home Server" screen with the progress bar. 
    The local monitor worked fine when WHS was installed and during the many initial updates and reboots.
    I can manage the server from a client with WHS console and Remote Desktop.
    I would appreciate if anyone couldhelp me  with bringing the local VGA signal back ti life.
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 10:23 PM

Answers

• When my WHS box boots, the VGA signal to a locally attached monitor is cut just as the screen switches to black after the black "Windows Home Server" screen with the progress bar. 
    The local monitor worked fine when WHS was installed and during the many initial updates and reboots.
    I can manage the server from a client with WHS console and Remote Desktop.
    I would appreciate if anyone couldhelp me  with bringing the local VGA signal back ti life.
    It's probably a problem with either A) the video driver or B) the resolution settings (meaning it's too high for display).  You can try booting into safe mode and change/uninstall the video drivers there (or just don't worry about it as it's not supported to login to the server desktop anyway).
    • Proposed as answer by Olaf EngelkeModerator Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by OleR Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:57 AM
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 10:37 PM