Windows 7 Cannot Complete Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Background - I previously did a clean install of Windows 7 Home Prem on my laptop and everything went well. Recently, the laptop boot up with multiple images on my screen and was unable to load windows. I suspected that some files were corrupted hence opted to re-format and re-install Windows 7 again. The product had already been activated previously and I forgot to take down the Activation ID.

Now - Installation went on smoothly with the usual screens prompting me to create a user account / pc name followed by a password (not mandatory), etc. In short - I re-installed my Windows 7 a few times, both with Username only and with Username and Password. Each time the system reboot to continue with the next phase of setup, I get stuck at the greeting screen prompting me to enter my Username and Password.

The problem - In the past, the reboot will bring me straight to Windows Desktop to complete the installation without the need to input such details. Either way I am stuck because when I tried entering the same password I had setup the installation with, I can't get thru.

If this is familiar to you, appreciate your kind advice on what I can do please.

Regards,
    Peter

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 11:05 AM

Answers

• "PeterCSW" wrote in message news:daed7c7d-6534-442a-8990-1a5e05536285...

Background - I previously did a clean install of Windows 7 Home Prem on my laptop and everything went well. Recently, the laptop boot up with multiple images on my screen and was unable to load windows. I suspected that some files were corrupted hence opted to re-format and re-install Windows 7 again. The product had already been activated previously and I forgot to take down the Activation ID.

Now - Installation went on smoothly with the usual screens prompting me to create a user account / pc name followed by a password (not mandatory), etc. In short - I re-installed my Windows 7 a few times, both with Username only and with Username and Password. Each time the system reboot to continue with the next phase of setup, I get stuck at the greeting screen prompting me to enter my Username and Password.

The problem - In the past, the reboot will bring me straight to Windows Desktop to complete the installation without the need to input such details. Either way I am stuck because when I tried entering the same password I had setup the installation with, I can't get thru.

If this is familiar to you, appreciate your kind advice on what I can do please.

Regards,
    Peter

This appear to be an installation problem - not a Genuine Windows problem.
    Please move it to the W7 Install forum  - or repost it there.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 11:39 AM
  • You will want to post this issue in the 'Install, Upgrade and Activate' section of the Windows Answers Forums: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 8:34 PM

All replies

• "PeterCSW" wrote in message news:daed7c7d-6534-442a-8990-1a5e05536285...

Background - I previously did a clean install of Windows 7 Home Prem on my laptop and everything went well. Recently, the laptop boot up with multiple images on my screen and was unable to load windows. I suspected that some files were corrupted hence opted to re-format and re-install Windows 7 again. The product had already been activated previously and I forgot to take down the Activation ID.

Regards,
    Peter

This appear to be an installation problem - not a Genuine Windows problem.
    Please move it to the W7 Install forum  - or repost it there.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 11:39 AM
  • You will want to post this issue in the 'Install, Upgrade and Activate' section of the Windows Answers Forums: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 8:34 PM