none
MS compatibility of ms5000 laser wireless mouse w/ windows 7

Question

• After my MS laser wireless mouse went bad I now have a new one. Still using old ms 4000 keyboard. When I try installing cd intellipoint 6.3 it comes-up with "known compatibility" with "7".
    Can you please help so that I can use new mouse. Another problem I have is I cannot type with old 4000 keyboard.   Thanks.

stan m

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 1:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• They'll help you over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware?

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 1:19 AM
  • Hi Dave,

I went to that link and attempted to install the suggested drivers/software but all to no avail; it was suggested that I already had the updated ones. So, still can't install the intellipoint 6.3 cd. I suspect that the reason I can't type w/ the new laser mouse used revolves about the uninstalled 6.3 cd that came w/ the new MS wireless laser mouse 5000.

Do you have any further suggestions. I will reiterate, when I try to install the ms 6.3 mouse CD what comes-up is essentially "intellipoint/intellipoint  has a known compatibility issue w/ this windows (7).

I paid over $100.00 for this wireless laser mouse and I hate to "trash" this amount. Hope that you can help me.

Thanks

Stan

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 1:42 PM
  • Perhaps I should have noted that the keyboard I'm using is MS wireless comfort 4000.
    Tuesday, December 8, 2015 1:51 PM
  • I went to that link and attempted to install the suggested drivers/software

I'm not sure what link you're discussing. The link I mentioned was for the windows 7 hardware forum on Microsoft answers. I'd try asking them over there.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 1:53 PM