IWebGateway Interface RRS feed

• Question

• Any preliminary info you can share on the "IWebGateway" interface?  The SDK documents it, but there is no info on any of the calls - and it isn't in the current beta-2 code.

Is this (I hope) a web-proxy for internal web-sites?  Much like the RDP proxy?

Thanks.

Doug

Doug Berrett

WebGuide4

dberrett@asciiexpress.com

www.asciiexpress.com/webguide

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 12:16 PM

All replies

• Doug, I can't swear to it, but I would think that the SDK is more likely targeted at the Community Technology Preview version, which (if we get another public beta release) will probably be what we get.

Looking at the IWebGateway interface definitions, it's probably intended for use in a console add-in. That would imply that it's not a proxy. But with nothing behind it, there's no way to find out. Smile

If you want to install an additional web site, there's a documented way to do it now. See this page in the SDK documentation.
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 3:04 PM
  • Thanks.  I have the add-on website working fine on the WHS server itself.  What I'm trying to do is get a proxy running on WHS that will relay web requests to another internal server.  Seeing that they are already doing that for the RDP functionality, I'd think they could do that for other ports as well.

Here's hoping.

Thanks.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 8:01 PM
  • Doug,

I use your webguide and I think your doing a great job. I think I can see where your heading with this, and to me it sounds great. Good luck with it.

Keep up the good work.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:53 PM
  • Thanks.  Definately some great possibilities if we can integrate things easy enough.

Mattyg76 wrote:

Doug,

I use your webguide and I think your doing a great job. I think I can see where your heading with this, and to me it sounds great. Good luck with it.

Keep up the good work.

Thursday, April 12, 2007 1:40 AM
  •  D Berrett wrote:

Thanks. I have the add-on website working fine on the WHS server itself. What I'm trying to do is get a proxy running on WHS that will relay web requests to another internal server. Seeing that they are already doing that for the RDP functionality, I'd think they could do that for other ports as well.

The RDP functionality is built in to RWW, which is built in to SBS, which supplies the core of WHS. (Hmm. There are too many 3LAs in the preceding sentence. Sorry. Smile ) I don't know if there's a way to add on to the RWW feature, but that's really what you would want to do, I believe. I would either try to get a question through to the right folks at Microsoft, if you have internal contacts there, or go spelunking in MSDN.

BTW, cool product you've got there. I don't need it, but I can appreciate that there are any number of people who do.
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 3:25 AM