none
SQM files no more generation of and how to delete the ones I have safely from my machine

Question

• hi, thank you for your help. I now have windows livemail and ms outlook 2003 working with hotmail. here is my question...when I was looking over my system applying the fix you gave me... I notice a lot (about 20) of sqmnooptXX.SQM files on my C: drive (top level directory). what are these files, what is their purpose and how do I get rid of them safely on my machine. they started showing up after I loaded outlook connector and updated to the latest windows livemail client. thanks in advance, mark
    Friday, October 30, 2009 11:40 AM

All replies

• question for the microsoft moderator.  I am not reporting back customer data to microsoft. if an app crashes I have an option to send a crash dump and system data - normally I say no.  understand from other posts in the forum the SQM files are written by windows live.  I have customer experience stuff turned off also.

what is creating these sqm files and how do I turn these things off.  also what are these files used for other than software quality management?

second question - why didn't any microsoft people post to this.  this sure seems like a simple operating system (XPSP3) question.

thank you
    mark
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 12:16 AM