Sync Framework on Silverlight? RRS feed

• Question

• When are you guys going to release a silverlight version of the sync framework.  We have built an internal audit silverlight application that runs offline using Google Gears as the data store.  We developed a custom synchronization model to handle synchronizing content back to the server.  Ultimately, we would like to replace our custom module with the sync framework if it can do what we need.  Does Microsoft have plans to port the sync framework to silverlight?  Is there anyway we could do it ourselves or use the sync framework in our scenario?
    Friday, April 3, 2009 7:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Stewart

Apologies for the delayed response.

We have definitely been looking into the scenarios involving silverlight, especially with the new offline/out-of-the-browser capabilities that were announced at MIX.  We don't have anything to announce at the moment though regarding Sync Framework support for silverlight.  There also isn't a way you could use it yourself I'm afraid.

I would be interested in digging into your scenario a bit more.  When you state you are using Google Gears as your data store, then presumably you are referring to the SQLite database?  What data store are you using for your server?  Feel free to email me this information and to discuss further - mark dot scurrell at microsoft.com

Thanks, Mark

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 11:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Stewart

Apologies for the delayed response.

We have definitely been looking into the scenarios involving silverlight, especially with the new offline/out-of-the-browser capabilities that were announced at MIX.  We don't have anything to announce at the moment though regarding Sync Framework support for silverlight.  There also isn't a way you could use it yourself I'm afraid.

I would be interested in digging into your scenario a bit more.  When you state you are using Google Gears as your data store, then presumably you are referring to the SQLite database?  What data store are you using for your server?  Feel free to email me this information and to discuss further - mark dot scurrell at microsoft.com

Thanks, Mark

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 11:17 PM
  • bump.
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 1:33 PM