Audit log for view operation RRS feed

• Question

• In CRM 2011, we can collect change histories using auditing function.

Is there any way to configure it also collect view history of a specific entity?

If it is not, how can I achieve to collecting view history?

(I understand event at windows onload is one way, but I want to consider this as a last option because it is too much work.)

希意禧(上海)系统有限公司 CRM销售顾问 guochuangang@cec-ltd.cn 我们为在中日企提供专业的ERP和CRM解决方案,有兴趣请电邮查询。 シーイーシー(上海) CRM営業コンサルタント guochuangang@cec-ltd.cn弊社は在中日系企業に専門的なERPやCRMソリューションをご提供します。お気軽にメールください。
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 8:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Guo,

In the case you use On-Premice you can develop plugin which will handle Retrieve message and store required information in some custom entity.

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Follow Andriy on Twitter
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 8:29 AM
  • The Out of the box audit functionality will not help to audit when a record is viewed. As andriy suggests you can have a plugin monitor it for you, but it would not be integrated into the audit feature so you'd have to build a new way to surface that information.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 1:14 PM
  • Hi, Andriy and Gonzalo.

Thank you for your reply.

I thought plugin is triggered only at creation of entity data.

You mean the plugins run when my user opens a form as well?

If it does not, how can I trigger the plugin?

And Gonzalo, I got yout point that my own audit record cannot be cased as system audit entity in CRM system.

Best regards

希意禧(上海)系统有限公司 CRM销售顾问 guochuangang@cec-ltd.cn 我们为在中日企提供专业的ERP和CRM解决方案,有兴趣请电邮查询。 シーイーシー(上海) CRM営業コンサルタント guochuangang@cec-ltd.cn弊社は在中日系企業に専門的なERPやCRMソリューションをご提供します。お気軽にメールください。
    Friday, June 17, 2011 3:14 AM
  • When user opens a form plugin which handle Retrieve message will be triggered. As a sample for Retrieve/RetrieveMultiple/Execute(Fetch) you can check following article - http://a33ik.blogspot.com/2009/06/field-security-level-with-own-hands.html
    Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Follow Andriy on Twitter
    Friday, June 17, 2011 5:59 AM
  • I see what you are saying. But I cannot open the link you gave.

Thank you anyway, Andriy.

Best regards

Friday, June 17, 2011 6:02 AM
  • Rechecked. Works fine for me.
    Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Follow Andriy on Twitter
    Friday, June 17, 2011 6:11 AM
  •  

Andriy, thank you.

I see. Then perhaps it is my ISP or something blocked me.

Thank you anyway. I will try to find some info myself.

By the way, I also cannot see your blog.

Friday, June 17, 2011 6:21 AM