Export Labels not Display Name RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to export translations in order to translate our base English CRM stuff to Spanish for some users.  When I Export Translations for the solution, I open the xml file in Excel and see that there are no Labels for the form fields that were exported.  All I see is Display Name which is useless since the users will only see the labels when they use the form.  Does anyone know how to export the labels?  Do I need to change a setting for solutions to be able to export labels?  Please help.  Thanks!
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

By default the label on the form will be the same as the Display Name of the attribute and so you only need to provide a single translation. If you have changed the Label on the form, then when you export for the translations you will get two strings in the excel sheet. The Form Label will have an Object Column Type of 'displayname' and the Attribute Display Names that are shown in views will be 'DisplayName' (note the case difference)

Hope this helps!

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:57 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

By default the label on the form will be the same as the Display Name of the attribute and so you only need to provide a single translation. If you have changed the Label on the form, then when you export for the translations you will get two strings in the excel sheet. The Form Label will have an Object Column Type of 'displayname' and the Attribute Display Names that are shown in views will be 'DisplayName' (note the case difference)

Hope this helps!

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:57 PM
    Answerer
  • Great!  Thank you!
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:01 PM