PC doesn't work after OneCare download RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

Last night I downloaded the 90 day trial of Windows Live One Care from the microsoft site. As soon as the download finished and the setup icon appeared on my desktop my PC froze. Now I can't use it at all. When it gets to the desktop, I can hear the HD working, the mouse works and the keyboard works while the HD is working, then suddenly the HD stops working and the PC is frozen out. I can get into safe mode no problem. I have tried a Windows repair using the CD, I have tried system restore and last known config, I have also tried to uninstall Windows Live One Care in safe mode but it won't allow it.
    What can I do?
    Please help 
    Phil

Sunday, April 27, 2008 9:06 AM

Answers

• Hello Phil, start your computer in Safe Mode, run msconfig (Start>Run>msconfig) open the startup tab and uncheck all One Care services. If One Care is causing the startup issue your computer should boot normally and you will be able to uninstall One Care. If you have any other antivirus, antispyware or firewall software installed that could be the cause of the issue. I suggest contacting support for further assistance. How to contact support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Sunday, April 27, 2008 2:07 PM