none
Codeblock, normal or broken? RRS feed

• Question

• Is this normal or broken? Whenever you insert a codeblock, there's a minimum size as in the following example:

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Thursday, April 4, 2013 9:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• I prefer to copy the original codes from VS directly onto the forum, but please install VS's Add-in——Productive Power Tool For VS2012.

And let it "Auto Wrap when a line is fully filled".

If you think one reply solves your problem, please mark it as An Answer, if you think someone's reply helps you, please mark it as a Proposed Answer

Help by clicking:
    Click here to donate your rice to the poor
    Click to Donate
    Click to feed Dogs & Cats

Thursday, April 4, 2013 9:58 AM
  • Why should I install VS and why should I always copy the code into there? Actually, VS is already installed but I still dislike copying my code EVERYTIME in there and than copy it from there.

Also this isn't a problem for me and you did not really answer my question.

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Thursday, April 4, 2013 10:03 AM
  • Sorry,

As far as I see, there should be a scrollable bar in horizone for you to scroll to see the rest characters....

And what's more, Copy codes from VS and do some formation is our current choice. I'm not Microsoft's employee and please don't be angry at me;)

If you think one reply solves your problem, please mark it as An Answer, if you think someone's reply helps you, please mark it as a Proposed Answer

Help by clicking:
    Click to Donate

Thursday, April 4, 2013 10:30 AM
  • "I HATE YOU!" No I'm just kidding :)

I don't care about the formation much, just wanted to know if this is now usual or not and also why they changed it.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 10:40 AM
  • No problem;)

Maybe Microsoft employee will solve this;)

Help by clicking:
    Click to Donate

Thursday, April 4, 2013 11:14 AM
  • I checked some old threads, over a year ago, and they all show the same thing. It looks like all code blocks (entered using the "Insert Code Block" feature) have at least about 4 lines. I thought I had messed something up when I first noticed this and tried to fix it in the HTML.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, April 4, 2013 2:34 PM
  • Right. This is By Design. Something about it not looking like a code block if the box was too small. =^)

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:51 AM
    Owner