WHS 2011 sever offline to clients but still backs up......... RRS feed

• Question

• WHS 2011 been running for 3+ months fine

Connected to it are qty 2 x64 win 7 pro machines and qty 1 x86 win xp machine

at some date which i do not know when, the server appears to be offline to all 3 pcs. I believe it was about 2-3 weeks ago.

All 3 computers backup fine at there given times with no errors, so says the dashboard.

The dashboard is only availble through a remote desktop connection to the server

I thought i would just reinstall the connection software but any form of communication to the server via webpage or the "find my server" software deal will fail

I am running AV kaspersky 2012, though only on the 2 x64 and the system was running fine with this software prior.

I am trying to remember anything new i have installed either hardward or software and I can recall anything.

Following T/S ing rules the problem lies with what is most common, the server.

Yes all services are running, I have checked a lot threads but most people have some services turned off or nothing works which is not my case.

Thoughts?

Monday, March 5, 2012 5:35 AM

All replies

• I have solved the problem...Downloaded .net framework 4 extended ran the repair function. Upon restart of server, the clients started downloading connector updates. Viola

Monday, March 5, 2012 1:02 PM