Hard drive busy light activity RRS feed

• Question

• When the PC is in hybernation and is turn on the hard drive ready light is lighted for 3 to 5 minutes before it goes off. I am using Vista . Is One Care using restore points during windows resume? I find this annoying and would prefer the hard drive not do what it is doing each time I resume windows from hybernation
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 4:42 PM

Answers

• Hello coneyisle, I don't think this is a One Care issue. When a computer hibernates everything in memory is written to your hard drive and when you resume it all has to be loaded from your hard drive back into memory. If you have many programs open when you initiate hibernation it will take a while to restore your session from disc. You can try closing some programs before hibernating to see if that helps.
    Jim
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 5:26 PM

All replies

• Hello coneyisle, I don't think this is a One Care issue. When a computer hibernates everything in memory is written to your hard drive and when you resume it all has to be loaded from your hard drive back into memory. If you have many programs open when you initiate hibernation it will take a while to restore your session from disc. You can try closing some programs before hibernating to see if that helps.
    Jim
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 5:26 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. As far as  I know all programs are closed when I hypernate the computer. No programs are shown in the sys tray
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 8:37 PM
  • You can turn off One Care antivirus monitoring (Change Settings>Viruses and Spyware>Turn off ) then hibernate to see if there is a difference in hard drive activity on wake up without One Care running.
    Jim
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 9:12 PM