none
Ordered the dlls (projects) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have an Selenium C# solution with MSTest split in several projects per module. I am running the tests from a TFS build in parallel on several VMs using Deploy/Run functional tests steps.

There is any possibility to set of an order of the projects how they will be picked up by the VMs?  (I don-t want specific projects-dlls to run simultaneous).

Thank you!

Thursday, March 1, 2018 12:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Mihai Boz,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> There is any possibility to set of an order of the projects how they will be picked up by the VMs?

You want to specify a test run while run with TFS build, right?

If my understanding is correctly, we could not directly to set of an order of the projects use TFS build.

But, perhaps you could add your tests in Ordered Test project, then, run ordered test in TFS build. Reference blog “Ordered Tests in TFS Build”.

And, please have a look at following thread might helpful for you:

# How to use Vnext build: ordered tests, distribute test, collect results

# How can I change the order of the execution of tests in an automated test build?

In addition, if you want to know more information about TFS build automation, I suggest you go to Stack Overflow or Developer Community to get the professional answer from MS support engineers for TFS. Because this forum is discussing and ask questions about using the new Visual Studio Test Explorer, Unit Testing providers and general Unit Testing, fakes, stubs and mocking techniques.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Judy ZhuY Friday, March 2, 2018 5:54 AM
    Friday, March 2, 2018 5:53 AM
  • Hi Judy,

Thanks for your answer. What I need is to set a priority per Test assembly. 

Related to ordered tests, I find it quite difficult to maintain because it requires a manual input there. It would be nice to have the Priority to be working also in test runs.

Friday, March 2, 2018 6:52 AM
  • Hi Mihai Boz,

Thanks for your quickly response.

>> What I need is to set a priority per Test assembly. 

Based on my knowledge, we could not set a priority per test assembly, we only could set a priority per test method in the test assembly.

Reference  https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/e8c313c9-7cfd-4467-9f80-c73d26bd204e/how-to-configure-multiple-test-dll-in-tfs-build-definition?forum=tfsbuild

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Judy ZhuY Tuesday, March 6, 2018 8:34 AM
    Friday, March 2, 2018 7:24 AM