Newbie question about Blazor client side RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

I have seen Blazor client side should have been released sometime in May, 2020.  Now, we are in July.

I found some articles about Blazor, but most of them are about Blazor server side, which is not important for most of the people, as most of us are not in charge of any web server.  But most of us are using web client almost every day.  I want to know if we can have some kind of web browser that use Blazor client side code to visit a real web site, like: https://www.microsoft.com/

I see there is one GUI control: webview2 based on Chrome; but I wonder if there exist any web engine using Blazor client side to navigate real web site, one of such web engine is: simplebrowser: https://github.com/SimpleBrowserDotNet/SimpleBrowser

But all those web engines use JavaScript. I would like to have any web engine which is based on Blazor client side.

Please advice if it is possible now, or, if not now yet, but should be possible later.

I think for web client, the best usage is to browse a real web site, not to visit something called: SPA.

Blazor server side is for those web masters, not for ordinary people; but blazor client side is for most of the people, who need to visit live web sites, as most web browsers are doing now.

Thanks,

• Moved by CoolDadTx Tuesday, July 7, 2020 1:22 PM ASP.NET related
    Sunday, July 5, 2020 7:20 PM

All replies

• Blazor server side is for those web masters, not for ordinary people; but blazor client side is for most of the people, who need to visit live web sites, as most web browsers are doing now-

No, you are wrong in what Blazor client does. It is completely useless for any user using a browser. You cannot use it on an existing site. You only care about Blazor (client or server) if you are a web developer.

It is only a tool for allowing "web masters", as you call them, to create web sites. It is relevant for this C# forum because it allows you to use C# code to generate programs that will execute inside the browser. But you have to write this C# code. If you are not writing code, then Blazor (either server or client) is irrelevant to you. You cannot use it for browsing existing websites. It is only useful for the person who creates a new website and wants to run part of his or her code in C# inside the browser.

Sunday, July 5, 2020 7:47 PM
  • Hi zydjohn
    The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.
    Based on your description, I suggest you go to asp.net forum for more professional answer.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 5:22 AM