Hardware acceleration API and Windows Service RRS feed

• Question

• Where to place question about using hardware acceleration API (DXVA2) in Windows service (session 0 isolation isuue)?
    Friday, July 15, 2011 8:13 AM

Answers

• my bad, i thought you where asking the place where DirectX experts hang out. If you are merely looking for information on the internet, try google or bing,

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 3:23 PM

All replies

• Hello

Thank you for your post!

I'd like to suggest posting your question in one of the Answer Forums:

Located at:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/networking

Hope this would be helpful.

Have a nice day!

Thanks!
    Yuanli

STO Application Support
    Server and Tools Online Operations Team

Friday, July 15, 2011 12:41 PM
  • Hi,

You suggest me to place question in user forum?

I thought that it's more for developers community, and more over this question actually for Microsoft team, because the problem is designed by Microsoft which doesn't allows using hardware acceleration (e.g. using Intel Media SDK's Video encoding) by the Windows Service, which runs, since Windows Vista/7 and Windows Server 2008 in isolated session 0, which has no access to graphic drivers. In my case service doesn't need GUI, nor User interaction, it needs just access to graphics hardware acceleration in order to encode live video streams and save them on hard drives. My impression that the Microsoft products are designed only for end user applications and NOT for professional use.

The fact that I first post my question here "Where is the forum for..?" it's because MSDN site designed also not for professional developers, who wants to get more specific and badly documented information, if not documented at all. It's difficult to find communication channel with Microsoft developers and designers, to give feedback and suggestions about fundamental design flaws of Microsoft products.

At Intel I've got professional response on my question, where was explained the problem and was advised to contact Microsoft in order to explain existing problem.

Kind regards

Friday, July 15, 2011 1:36 PM
  • I suggest you to visit the DirectX forums at http://forums.create.msdn.com/forums/default.aspx?GroupID=7

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, July 15, 2011 7:31 PM
  • Is this another joke? A lot of irrelevant and outdated information.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 1:28 PM
  • my bad, i thought you where asking the place where DirectX experts hang out. If you are merely looking for information on the internet, try google or bing,

Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 3:23 PM