0xC3EC7823 Error RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get Conferencing server to work on OCS 2007 EE. Problem is when I start the setup process and go to deploy web conferencing server, it tells me that it is complete. (which I know I have installed before and uninstalled it again (without deactivating it first)).

Web Conferencing is also in Add/Remove programs and if I try and remove it from there, I get the following error:

An error occurred and the installer was interrupted before Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007, 2007 Web Conferencing Server could be removed. Fatal error during installation.

Also there is nothing available under Web Conferencing when I look at the OCS Forest.

When I go to Step 2, which is Activate Web Conferencing Server, it fails with the following error:

Activate Conferencing Server       Failure
    [0xC3EC7823] The specified Office Communications Server 2007 server is not installed on this machine.

I have searched and can't find anything on that error. Somehow I have a feeling that I need to run a command using lcscmd to deactivate web conferencing.

Any ideas please?

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 2:28 PM