none
Signatures / Promoting the [ CODE ] format RRS feed

• Question

• 1) Was there discussion of adding a signature to a profile?

2) I'm asking because I think that the bug where text runs waaay out of the message is partly related to people in general not using the [ Code ] button in the tool bar to format their code. I honestly believe that people don't know that its there. I certainly didn't until I started playing around '</>' just doesn't glare 'Post Code'. I hang out in the Office forums and suspect that many of the posters aren't too tech savvy and need the option obviously spelled out for them.

David H
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 5:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• 2) I'm asking because I think that the bug where text runs waaay out of the message is partly related to people in general not using the [ Code ] button in the tool bar to format their code. I honestly believe that people don't know that its there. I certainly didn't until I started playing around '</>' just doesn't glare 'Post Code'. I hang out in the Office forums and suspect that many of the posters aren't too tech savvy and need the option obviously spelled out for them.
    Actually, I disagree. In my experience, the code editor is responsible for all of the worst formatting disasters that I see in the forums.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 6:56 PM
  • There is a signature now. We also have a bug logged on that code icon not being clear enough.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Saturday, April 21, 2012 9:20 PM
    Owner