none
Pack 2016 Service Fabric not autoupdating RRS feed

• Question

• when I ran Get-ServiceFabricClusterHealth I found that the cluster version support will end on 3/31/2019

I then ran Get-ServiceFabricClusterConfiguration found that FabricClusterAutoupgradeEnabled is set to true.

Thursday, March 28, 2019 2:15 PM

All replies

• Right so i have researched in terms of what you are seeing i understand your issue since there have been alot of issues regarding to this are you able to explain a bit more for your query?

Since then i can find the right solution for you

TazzaBazza

• Edited by TazzaBazza Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:46 PM
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:46 PM
  • Why will the service fabric not auto update. how do I get my current one update?
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 7:19 PM
  • Hi,

If the "fabricClusterAutoupgradeEnabled" was set to true, the Service Fabric shall be auto-upgraded if your cluster has internet connectivity.

You can refer to the following link to manually upgrade for the Service Fabric version:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/service-fabric/service-fabric-cluster-upgrade-windows-server#enable-auto-upgrade-of-the-service-fabric-version-of-your-cluster

If your cluster can access internet, you can run the following command to get the latest version

Get-ServiceFabricRegisteredClusterCodeVersion

And then run the following command to upgrade

Start-ServiceFabricClusterUpgrade -Code -CodePackageVersion <thenewversion> -Monitored -FailureAction Rollback

Friday, March 29, 2019 2:14 AM
  • that is the point the FabricClusterAutoupgradeEnabled:true and the servers have internet access, but they are not autoupgrading the cluster.

where would i go to look at possable reason why this is not autoupgrading?

Friday, March 29, 2019 1:31 PM
  • I will check with Service Fabric team and reply.
    Wednesday, April 3, 2019 8:51 AM
  • thank you 
    Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:22 PM
  • I just checked with Service Fabric team, it turns out that we had a wrong understanding of 'FabricClusterAutoupgradeEnabled' property prviously,  it only downloads and provisions the cluster package. It doesn’t automatically install it. So you will still need to manually trigger the upgrade:

See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/service-fabric/service-fabric-cluster-upgrade-windows-server
    They enabled the auto install in 6.4 with ‘UpgradeOrchestrationService .AutoupgradeInstallEnabled’ setting.

Thursday, April 4, 2019 3:28 AM