How do I open Microsoft Money Plus in Windows 10? RRS feed

• Question

• I had Microsoft Money 2003 and it wouldn't open in Windows 10, so I tried updating it to Money Plus and it still won't open. It says I need Internet Explorer 6 for it to function and I can't download that either. What to do?
    Saturday, August 8, 2015 7:16 PM

All replies

• Please read any of the many dozens of recent threads that have the answer to you question.  Your not doing so is very frustrating to the volunteers who offer their time answering questions on this site.
    Sunday, August 9, 2015 12:14 AM
  • So perhaps it would be more helpful to post a link to the solution instead of your rather pointless reply!!!

Sunday, August 9, 2015 9:45 AM
  • Ihave the same issue. And when I downloaded IE6 finally it does not install on Windows 10....

Anyone else any ideas?

Sunday, August 9, 2015 10:48 AM
  • No-one is suggesting installing IE6, and in fact that's probably the worst thing to do. No, there are *several* posts in this forum  - all near the top - which all give the solution. That solution being the one registry key change that you have to make.

Money is looking to see if IE is installed, but the version that comes with W10 has a version number longer than Money can handle. So the hack/workaround is to simply truncate the version number.

It'll take you 20 seconds to find the soltuion, just read the first couple of threads and you'll be there.

Sunday, August 9, 2015 3:34 PM
  • Jim,

I am having the same issue, yet I don't see the other post with the solution. Can you send me a hyperlink or something??? Thank's in advance...

Monday, August 10, 2015 11:40 PM