Product Key Transfer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me? I built my own WHS2011 server and brought a OEM disc. The system has been fine for 2.5yrs but my motherboard failed the other day.... I could maybe get the same board from eBay but suspect it will only happen again at some point, so I thinking that buying a new board and cpu and starting over.. I know that OEM software is tied to the system board and I will encounter issues when I activate it and I know that I can get a transfer code from MS to use with the new hardware but heres my problem I rang MS on there UK "Home User" support number 0344 800 2400 and select home user, then tech support, but I was told they only deal with Home Windows Products ie Win7 Win8 etc and I needed to speak to the premium user support on 0844 800 8338 but they directed me back to the home user???? Spent 3hrs getting nowhere and left very frustrated... Has anyone done this and know the process or even better do you have the correct phone number.....

Kind Regards

Thursday, August 14, 2014 9:34 AM

Answers

• That is extremely frustrating but perhaps not surprising! You might find, if you are lucky, it might just work with a reinstall.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Justin Gu Monday, August 25, 2014 2:51 PM
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 11:52 AM