none
Some Recorded TV Shows Auto-Archived to WHS "Unknown" date, "1 min" Length

Question

• Last night I was looking for a show recorded that morning -- I could see the file had been archived to the WHS -- but it didn't appear to be there.

I was sorting by date recorded -- when I scrolled around, I found the episode, but it was under the recorded date "Unknown" and the length was being reported as "1 min." I checked both dedicated HTPCs and a notebook with Win7 -- same results on all. I was able to watch the episode without incident, so there's nothing wrong with the recording...just no meta information. There were shows recorded immediately before and after this show that included all the meta data.

I've seen this happen before I had a WHS when I manually set my "recorded tv" library location to a UNC path, but this is the first I've seen it with WHS. 

How is the meta data stored/retrieved and what might be causing this issue?

Thanks!
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:46 PM

All replies

• Same happens to me on some recorded TV shows. Usually, all episodes are stored together and sorted by date. I am recording shows from 2 Windows 7 HTPC. Both archive TV shows on WHS. There is no data for the recorded show. The only thing I can see is "Holmes Inspection_HGTVC_2010_02_18_22_58_00", length 1 min. or "The Bugs Bunny & Tweety show_TOONC_2010_03_05_06_58_00", length 1 min. But like you, they play well for the entire show (usually 1 hour).

Note that not the same shows are displayed like this on both HTPC. The first one described is on HTPC 1 and on HTPC 2, it shows correctly with the other ones. The second one described is on HTPC 2 and on HTPC 1, it shows correctly. And finally, some shows correctly on both HTPC's. Go figure...

Klode
    Sunday, March 07, 2010 1:06 AM