CPU Utilization Problem With OC2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I have seen several posts in various topics and threads about resource problems once v2.0 of OC is installed. I am currently expereincing the same problem. The cpu utilization is pegged around 48% when OC2.0 is running. Uninstall OC2.0 and the problem disappears. I did not have these problems with OC1.6. One process in particular that is contributing to CPU carnage is winss.exe which alone is using betwee 14 to 22% of CPU utilization.

There are no software or hardware conflicts detectable. I am running XP Professional SP2 and am fully patched with all updates. What gives?

Thursday, December 6, 2007 11:31 PM

Answers

• The OneCare team is actively investigating this problem. I hope they identify the cause soon and provide a fix. In the meantime, contact support to log the problem as happening to you.

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve
    Friday, December 7, 2007 1:33 AM