none
Debugging .itrace file

Question

• Hi,

I need to start working on Intellitrace standalone collector to gather information on my production servers and identifying the non-reproducible problems.

To start with I have written a very simple code (Windows form application) to throw Divide by Zero Exception and collected the .itrace file for the same.

After that when I opened the .itrace file to check how to debug using trace file I am able to reach the location at which Exception was thrown but when I tried to check values in Locals I am not able to find anything.

I have also set symbols path under Debug in Options on VS.Can someone please tell me if I am missing something...might be I need to do some changes in standalone collector settings or something else...

I am Using Intellitrace StandAlone Collector for VS 2013 and I am using VS 2013 Ulimate Edotion.

Thanks,

KashGoyal

Friday, October 12, 2018 12:25 AM

All replies

• Hi KashGoyal,

As far as I know, some values are limited if you view them in VS debugging window:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36095119/how-to-retrieve-function-parameters

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 22, 2018 7:28 AM