Customer Portal with CRM 2011 - Login issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have installed the customer portal on Azure and it seems to be working but I am having trouble getting users signed into the portal.  When I generate an email for a contact and copy / paste the invitation URL I get directed to Live ID sign in which then takes me to the home page.  Contact Us works and generates a lead record so I think I am close to getting this working.  Thanks for any help!
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 8:12 AM

Answers

All replies

• The issue was a misstyped secret key value for my Live Id in the web.config.  This is working great now.

Patrick

Sunday, March 6, 2011 4:18 PM
  • From another thread on this same issue on codeplex:

There are quite a few requirements to get Live ID going.  Check the following:

1. Your Live Id connection string in your web.config
    2. The Live ID return url must be the same as your handler (/LiveID.axd)
    3. You have an invitation code generated for your user (and a future expiry date), and the link that the user clicks on has that invitation code.
    4. You have the security question/response pre-set in the contact record.

If any of those are not set up, your user will end up on your home page unauthenticated.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 4:28 PM
  • Please could you expand on point 3 and 4 in your following chaeks

What invitation code generated for your user,  (3)

What Security Question / responce pre-set in the contact record? (4)

Where can i find documentation on configuring this information. - its not in the  "

Connecting an On-Premises Customer Portal to Microsoft Dynamics® CRM" .doc

Friday, July 15, 2011 9:31 AM
  • Look in the "Customer Portal Functionality and Administration Guid_v2.0.docx" file that is included in the documentation.  On page 10, there is a section under Portal Administration called "Inviting Customers to Register on the Portal".  This includes the process you can use to invite users to your portal using Live ID.
    Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    Monday, July 18, 2011 8:44 PM
  • We have the portal setup and an invitation sent. The link in the email takes us to the ADFS login screen with no other options for the invited user. Any ideas on what could be wrong. We host CRM 2011 and use ADFS 2 for our orgs. I suspect the invited user should get a different welcome screen?

thx for any help!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:06 PM