Mirror Folder A --> Folder B RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i am reffering to the post
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/synctechnicaldiscussion/thread/0ebc8bc7-ed3d-4d8f-b9ad-7f90936d7e0c
    because I have the same problem. 

I have the same problem like the original poster in the thread above.

I would like to synchronize the content from Folder A to Folder B (Upload) and always restore the state from Folder A in Folder B.  (event though manually files are deleted/changed from Folder B) Folder B should act like a mirror of Folder A.

In the answer of this thread it is mentioned that there are ways to trigger this behavior, e.g. restoring files which where deleted on the destination folder. I have tried several ways but I haven't found a convenient way (using the FileSyncProviders and the SyncOrchestrator) to get this behaviour so far.

Please tell me if and how the SyncFramework can be used to get this behaviour.   

Thank you!
    Ray
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:41 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 12:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Ray,

The scenario is: After the FolderA and FolderB are in sync, you delete some files and sub-folders from FolderB, and you want the next Sync (FolderA -> FolderB) will bring those deleted files back.

With the currently Sync Framework v1, there are two possible ways to enable this scenario:

1. For the files that you want to restore in FolderB, touch them in FolderA right before the sync to update their last modification time. 

2. Delete the .metadata file of FolderB before the sync. It will reset the sync replica and metadata, and treat the next FolderA -> FolderB sync as an initial sync.

Thanks,
    Dong
    This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 10:56 PM