Why doesn't microsoft word use any keyboard shortcuts that the O.S. windows 7 comes with? RRS feed

• Question

• Why doesn't microsoft word use anyu keyboard shortcuts that the O.S. windows 7 comes with?
    Friday, May 18, 2012 12:52 AM

Answers

• No I mean for the character map keyboard shortcut installed with the O.S. of the PC I was using. I'm not sure what the real problem might have been, maybe in the architecture of the laptop I was using. Because the pc I have now does not have the same problem with the Microsoft Word Document that the other PC had. Or possibly I might have downloaded a Beta Version of Word, because the image docking macro [ribbon(Picture Tools - Format)] did not work correctly when rotating counterclockwise using the software I downloaded...Maybe the download was missing some Object Oriented Functionality inside the Main Module....
    • Edited by robertlamour Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by robertlamour Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:49 PM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:11 PM

All replies

• Microsoft Windows is an operating system, Microsoft Word is a program: like any other program, it has its own keyboard shortcuts, that are different from the ones used by the operating system. I think it's just a matter of design choices.
    Anyway, some shortcuts (like CTRL+X, CTRL+C and CTRL+V) are not different, but they work differently: in Windows, you use them on files, whereas in Word you use them on document portions.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award

Sunday, June 3, 2012 4:42 PM
  • No I mean for the character map keyboard shortcut installed with the O.S. of the PC I was using. I'm not sure what the real problem might have been, maybe in the architecture of the laptop I was using. Because the pc I have now does not have the same problem with the Microsoft Word Document that the other PC had. Or possibly I might have downloaded a Beta Version of Word, because the image docking macro [ribbon(Picture Tools - Format)] did not work correctly when rotating counterclockwise using the software I downloaded...Maybe the download was missing some Object Oriented Functionality inside the Main Module....
    • Edited by robertlamour Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by robertlamour Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:49 PM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:11 PM