This software sucks - Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications! It makes my computer crawl... RRS feed

• General discussion

• My sister has been trying to be me to go to the MacWorld and NOW I am really considering it!
    • Changed type JeniferA Friday, March 27, 2009 3:54 PM Comment, not question.
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:16 PM

All replies

• Saturday, March 28, 2009 9:58 PM
  • There should be NO NEED to run a diagnostic program.  MGA should NEVER have been installed on our computers.  Using the Automatic Update does not mean Microsoft can download whatever they want willynilly!

This is the WORST forum I have EVER used.  There are no true answers to questions posted here.  All of the posters recommend downloading genuine or genuine diagnostics tools but don't give any answers on how do uninstall or block it.  HELLOOOO Microsoft... can't you hear us.  We want this (MIcrosoft Genuine Advantage) GONE!!

Just because I give you the right to AUTOMATICALLY update my computer doesn't mean you have the right to install GENUINE.

I am a teacher and work with MACS and now I will definitely purchase my next computer from APPLE.  This is just plain wrong.

Sincerely,
    Microsoft Sucks User
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 9:56 PM
  • Totally agree Microsoft Sucks User

This pop-up at every start-up is just waiting for one slip-up by one family member, and then Microsoft has legal access to my computer. I need a way to turn this pop-up off, but of course that's not available.  Sneaky bastards those Microsoft bandits. I pay for their programs, and like a branch of the FBI, now they want access to all my computer's content? I THINK NOT!!!!

I bought my first computer in 1989, a Mac Plus. Then came two more Macs until I had to switch to The Dark Side for compatibility with my employer's computer. Now I have an iPhone, and the Apples have become compatible with the office computers.

Unless they turn this pop-up off: Guess where I'm going shopping next? Yes, the Apple Store!

Sincerely,
    Turn The Pop-Up Off!

Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:00 PM
  • 10Cars,

Click the yellow shield to view the updates that are available.  You may need to click Custom on the WU page.

Run the installation for WGA.  When the EULA is presented, refuse to accept the EULA.  Case closed.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Monday, April 20, 2009 7:32 PM