Activate Windows Box popping up + Build 6001 error RRS feed

• Question

• Having some problems that began with a little box popping up from a key icon in my tray...says something about activating Windows, but if you click yes, it says it's not the right system. Apparently that is supposed to be for Windows XP. It doesn't give me an option to delete it, so I just keep clicking no or exiting out of it.

Now, I'm getting a message that says This copy of Windows Vista is not genuine - Build 6001. Are the two related and what is the fix, please?
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:22 PM

Answers

• No reply from Original poster.

Closing thread as Answered

Darin MS
    Monday, October 26, 2009 7:27 PM

All replies

• Okay...I ran the Diagnostic and it says my Windows Vista is not valid. It came installed on the computer I purchased at a retail Office Depot, so I don't know how it could NOT be authentic. Now what?
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:59 PM
  • Not sure why I'm bothering to update this, since I have yet to get a response, but I have now updated my Validation code and it is at least reading that I have a valid Vista system. If there are any other CURRENT postings I should read, I'd appreciate the link. Most of what I have seen goes back to 2008. I'd like to know if there is any NEW issue causing these problems...such as the rollout of 7 or anything else that might impact Vista users. Thanks.
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:35 PM
  • Please post the Diagnostic Report.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:48 PM
  • No reply from Original poster.

Closing thread as Answered

Darin MS
    Monday, October 26, 2009 7:27 PM