none
Windows 2012 HPC permissions RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed a Windows 2012 HPC cluster. I've created a new job template and granted "submit job" and "modify" permissions to a user with the intention of them being able to edit the template as per their requirements. However when they attempt to connect to the cluster manager console to edit the template they are access denied. Do they need to be a cluster admin to be granted access to the console? Doesn't that defeat the object of having granular permissions on the job template? How do I allow them to modify the template without giving them admin rights?

Nick Brown, NPB Consultants Ltd

Monday, June 29, 2015 7:50 AM

All replies

• HPC Cluster user don't have permission to launch admin console to manage the cluster including job template.

The permission you set of the job template means that they can submit the job through this job template. I'll double check what the modify permission means

Qiufang Shi

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 4:23 PM
  • here are more info on job template permission: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff919414.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

If they are HPC users, they need use tools to modify the job template, for example "jobtemplate allow ..." to allow other users to use the template. But he can't use the admin console to modify the job template.

Qiufang Shi

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 4:33 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, but it still begs the question - if they can't use the admin console, how do they modify the template properties (the jobtemplate tool doesn't provide that functionality)?

Nick Brown, NPB Consultants Ltd

Thursday, July 2, 2015 10:14 AM