OneCare 2.0 / Live Meeting Interaction Bug RRS feed

• General discussion

• Started a live meeting today with the latest windows console and although OneCare popped up the message saying it recognized LiveMeeting and allowed it, the console refused to start.  Once tried again, same thing.  I turned off the OneCare firewall and tried again and everything started correctly.  After LiveMeeting started I reactivated the OneCare firewall and everything worked fine through the meeting.  Since then it seems to work fine including starting, but I was able to recreate on another machine.
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 8:08 PM

All replies

• Thanks for reporting this.

-steve

Friday, July 13, 2007 7:11 PM
  • Thanks for your feedback.

When an application tries to connect to internet for the first time, OneCare rejects the connection and asks user to approve/reject. Many applications, unfortunately do not recover from this gracefully and have to be restarted.

We tried Live Meeting internally and it worked for us. Please restrart Live Meeting with the firewall ON and let us know whether it works for you or not.

Once again, thanks for feedback.

Neeraj

Saturday, July 21, 2007 2:49 AM
  • Stopping and restarting LiveMeeting seems to get around the issue.  Looks like I need to file the report with the LiveMeeting team instead of the OneCare team! Smile
    Monday, July 23, 2007 12:51 PM