Conflict: AVG and OneCare Interfering Program Warning RRS feed

• Question

• I've already disabled the AVG Shield and disabled the AVG WatchDog Service.... there should be NO conflict whatsoever.  AVG is currently using no resources from the PC, besides hard drive space. I only use AVG as a secondary scanner b/c OneCare misses quite a bit.  How do I disable the "interfering program" warning?

Thanks,

Tim
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 5:28 PM

Answers

•  

Remove AVG completely from the computer, you can't operate two antivirus applications on the same computer because they WILL conflict no matter what you do. This is well known throughout the security and support communities.

In some cases an anti-spyware can co-exist with another as long as it doesn't have its real-time component enabled, but even this is becoming problematic with more current designs. This is becasue more and more security programs are using the same 'hooks' into the Windows OS which aren't designed to be shared.

If you wish to use another AV application as a backup check, use one of the several online scanners, since these don't have any resident components and don't tie into the OS in the same way. This also has the benefit that you can rotate through a different application each time, which is actually even better than having just one second opinion.

OneCareBear

Sunday, November 16, 2008 12:03 AM