none
RE-Validation not opening durning startup RRS feed

• Question

• Windows XP Home - SP3 (legal)

When trying to log onto my computer, I have to re-register with microsoft, fine. When I click ok, it starts to load but does not bring up the validation box or anything. It just shows my desktop picture. I have tried the Windowskey + U and goto website but no work. I've tried all other startups and i've gotten everything up using command promt and then running explorer and cant find anything that is causing this.

Thanks,

Stephen Richardson

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 7:12 PM

Answers

• I am not able to "fully" login. Only under the safe mode with command prompt, am I able to login and interact with windows. All other modes I am unsuccesful. I would have to transfer via flash drive with this program since there is no networking in comant prompt mode under safemode. We just did another widows directory and threw everything over to the new one. Thanks for your help though...
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 11:24 PM

All replies

• Hello Stephen,

I am unsure if I understand the issue.  Are you able to fully login to Windows and use it?

If so, please download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

Otherwise, please create a (no cost) support request at http://support.microsoft.com/gp/contactwga for further assistance

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 8:37 PM
  • I am not able to "fully" login. Only under the safe mode with command prompt, am I able to login and interact with windows. All other modes I am unsuccesful. I would have to transfer via flash drive with this program since there is no networking in comant prompt mode under safemode. We just did another widows directory and threw everything over to the new one. Thanks for your help though...
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 11:24 PM