70-685 passed - receiving additional 70-680 certification(?) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've passed the 70-685 exam. Am I also going to receive a certification of 70-680?

Thursday, June 6, 2013 6:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Nope - you have to study and pass that exam separately.
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 6:36 PM
    Answerer
  • How do I need to interpret this info then, MCSA is 70-680, not(?):

Credit Toward CertificationExam 70-685: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
    • Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 7
    • Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7
    NOTE: The MCITP certification will be discontinued/unable to be earned as of January 31, 2014.  The certification will remain on the transcript for those that earn the certification prior to January 31, 2004
    Note This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format.
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 6:40 PM
  • If you look at the MCSA: Windows 7 Certification page, you'll note that it shows you have to pass two (2) exams - 70-680 and 70-685.  This is the new name for the MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7 designation - they're one in the same.
    Friday, June 7, 2013 6:37 PM
    Answerer