none
tcs-campus interview.... RRS feed

• Question

• hi...everyone.....  i am finished my campus interview (TCS ) on 11.06.07
    for me interview was held for only 3minutes....

here i am going to post my experience and some questions asked in tcs aptitude test and interview....

if any body have a question u can post it here and u can also post your experience here....

thank u.....
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:09 AM

Answers

• here is my questions  that are asked in interview....

1.is there any problem if you supposed travel more on air......

2.what u ll do if u placed in a diffrent department...

3.your location will be china , is it ok....for u...
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:22 AM
  • 1. The lowest temperature in the night in a city A is 1/3 more than 1/2 the highest during the day. Sum of the lowest temperature and the highest temperature is 100 degrees. Then what is the low temp?

Ans.40 degrees

2. Javagal, who decided to go to weekened trip should not exceed 8 hours driving in a day. The average speed of forward journey is 40 miles/hr.Due to traffic on sundays, the return journey's average speed is 30 m/h. How far he can select a picnic spot?

a) 120 miles
    b) between 120 and 140 miles
    c) 160 miles

Ans. 120 miles

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:24 AM
  • 3. A car is filled with four and half gallons of fuel for a round trip.If the amount of fuel taken while going is 1/4 more than the amount taken for coming, what is the amount of fuel consumed while coming back?

Ans.2 gallons

4. The lowest temperature in the night in a city A is 1/3 more than 1/2 the highest during the day. Sum of the lowest temperature and the highest temperature is 100 degrees. Then what is the low temp?

Ans.40 degrees

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:31 AM
  • 5.  A salesperson by mistake multiplied a number and got the answer as 3, instead of dividing the number by 3.What is the answer he should have actually got?

Ans. 3

6. Some work is done by two people in 24 minutes. One of them can do this work alone in 40 minutes. How much time does the second person take to do the same work ?

Ans. 60 minutes

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:33 AM
  • Congrats m8.

And thanks for the questions and for sharing your experience.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:39 AM
  • A car travels 12 kms with a 4/5th filled tank.How far will the car travel with 1/3 filled tank?

Ans. 5 kms

The sum of the digits of a two digit number is 8. When 18 is added to the number, the digits are reversed. Find the number?

Ans. 35

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:47 AM
  • The cost of one pencil, two pens and four erasers is Rs.22 while the cost of five pencils, four pens and two erasers is Rs.32.How much will three pencils, three pens and three erasers cost?

Ans. 27

Fathers age is 5 times his son's age. 4 years back the father was 9 times older than son.Find the fathers' present age.

Ans. 40 years

• And if  somebody wants apptitude question , then he can go to technical section .
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:10 AM
  • great info!!!
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:59 AM
  • Thanks for the questions

@ Senthil - Are U from PSG Tech ? If so, which dept?

Friday, June 15, 2007 1:06 AM

All replies

• here is my questions  that are asked in interview....

1.is there any problem if you supposed travel more on air......

2.what u ll do if u placed in a diffrent department...

3.your location will be china , is it ok....for u...
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:22 AM
  • 1. The lowest temperature in the night in a city A is 1/3 more than 1/2 the highest during the day. Sum of the lowest temperature and the highest temperature is 100 degrees. Then what is the low temp?

Ans.40 degrees

2. Javagal, who decided to go to weekened trip should not exceed 8 hours driving in a day. The average speed of forward journey is 40 miles/hr.Due to traffic on sundays, the return journey's average speed is 30 m/h. How far he can select a picnic spot?

a) 120 miles
    b) between 120 and 140 miles
    c) 160 miles

Ans. 120 miles

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:24 AM
  • 3. A car is filled with four and half gallons of fuel for a round trip.If the amount of fuel taken while going is 1/4 more than the amount taken for coming, what is the amount of fuel consumed while coming back?

Ans.2 gallons

4. The lowest temperature in the night in a city A is 1/3 more than 1/2 the highest during the day. Sum of the lowest temperature and the highest temperature is 100 degrees. Then what is the low temp?

Ans.40 degrees

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:31 AM
  • 5.  A salesperson by mistake multiplied a number and got the answer as 3, instead of dividing the number by 3.What is the answer he should have actually got?

Ans. 3

6. Some work is done by two people in 24 minutes. One of them can do this work alone in 40 minutes. How much time does the second person take to do the same work ?

Ans. 60 minutes

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:33 AM
  • Congrats m8.

And thanks for the questions and for sharing your experience.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:39 AM
  • A car travels 12 kms with a 4/5th filled tank.How far will the car travel with 1/3 filled tank?

Ans. 5 kms

The sum of the digits of a two digit number is 8. When 18 is added to the number, the digits are reversed. Find the number?

Ans. 35

• The cost of one pencil, two pens and four erasers is Rs.22 while the cost of five pencils, four pens and two erasers is Rs.32.How much will three pencils, three pens and three erasers cost?

Ans. 27

Fathers age is 5 times his son's age. 4 years back the father was 9 times older than son.Find the fathers' present age.

Ans. 40 years

• And if  somebody wants apptitude question , then he can go to technical section .
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:10 AM
  • great info!!!
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:59 AM
  • Thanks for the questions

@ Senthil - Are U from PSG Tech ? If so, which dept?

Friday, June 15, 2007 1:06 AM
  • I think raghuram is trying to find more from his state Stick out tongue Trying to beat Gujarats record Stick out tongue
    Friday, June 15, 2007 4:16 AM
  • ya you are correct....

but why you asking about my college....and dept...
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 6:37 AM
  • I have some querries regarding the written exam of TCS

Does it have more of English content than the apti and other technical content?
    Do they have a seperate Technical Interview and HR or they have a combined one ?
    Tuesday, September 4, 2007 11:29 PM