W.G.A! RRS feed

• Question

• Should WGA be in your add & remove?This is a valid copy of Win XP Home.I've never ran this utility before could someone shed some light on what i should do.Thanks for any help on this.

Saturday, September 1, 2007 4:48 PM

Answers

• Once installed, the WGA files become integrated with the Windows system files, thus it cannot or should not be removed.

Saturday, September 1, 2007 4:59 PM
  • I don't remember running it in the first place.Should i download this tool and let it check my copy of Winxp Home?What are your suggestions are on this?Thanks for any help.This was reccomended  by a friend after i couldn't install  the security  updare KB901190.
    Saturday, September 1, 2007 5:09 PM
  • Saturday, September 1, 2007 5:22 PM
  • Thanks Carey,should i still run the WGA tool?

Saturday, September 1, 2007 5:28 PM
  • Sure, just visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ and click on Validate Windows.

Saturday, September 1, 2007 5:31 PM
  • I'm getting an error when trying to download this update.
    Saturday, September 1, 2007 5:52 PM
  • I should've posted the error.(It says that setup cannot copy the file imekr61.ime).

Saturday, September 1, 2007 6:16 PM
  •  

Carey can you help me with this?
    Saturday, September 1, 2007 10:32 PM
  • Can you please run the diagnostic tool Carey mentioned?  Is the error preventing you from running the diagnostic test and posting your results?

Stephen Holm, MS

Friday, September 14, 2007 8:47 PM
  • No the error was when you ran Windows update.Apparently it had something to do with with the Korean language.I told update to not remind me of this anymore.It appears to be working well now,if i runs into any more problems i'll post back.
    Saturday, September 15, 2007 10:51 AM

All replies

• Once installed, the WGA files become integrated with the Windows system files, thus it cannot or should not be removed.

Saturday, September 1, 2007 4:59 PM
  • I don't remember running it in the first place.Should i download this tool and let it check my copy of Winxp Home?What are your suggestions are on this?Thanks for any help.This was reccomended  by a friend after i couldn't install  the security  updare KB901190.
    Saturday, September 1, 2007 5:09 PM
  • Saturday, September 1, 2007 5:22 PM
  • Thanks Carey,should i still run the WGA tool?

Saturday, September 1, 2007 5:28 PM
  • Sure, just visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ and click on Validate Windows.

Saturday, September 1, 2007 5:31 PM
  • I'm getting an error when trying to download this update.
    Saturday, September 1, 2007 5:52 PM
  • I should've posted the error.(It says that setup cannot copy the file imekr61.ime).

Saturday, September 1, 2007 6:16 PM
  •  

Carey can you help me with this?
    Saturday, September 1, 2007 10:32 PM
  • Can you please run the diagnostic tool Carey mentioned?  Is the error preventing you from running the diagnostic test and posting your results?

Stephen Holm, MS

Friday, September 14, 2007 8:47 PM
  • No the error was when you ran Windows update.Apparently it had something to do with with the Korean language.I told update to not remind me of this anymore.It appears to be working well now,if i runs into any more problems i'll post back.
    Saturday, September 15, 2007 10:51 AM