Validate offline RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Hope this is an interesting problem for you

Ref: XP Home, Yes, it is a valid copy

2 Days ago Machine seemed fine. Using ok Got update automatically etc etc Internet was fine - In short everything seems normal

No new programs added

Problem

1. Virus Attack couldn't load network drivers etc etc. Restore Points Gone

Cleaned it up ok but still unable to load drivers needed - Local Area Network icon gone (was there 2 days ago)

Couldn't get onto Internet but Windows was working fine now

Search etc ok but still couldn't turn on Windows Firewall or connect to Internet

2. Did repair-Could not find original disc so downloaded Xp Home from internet (using another puta)

Repair seemed to be going well until log-on screen. At least just prior to log-on

Can see my background but no icons -

Pop-up "You must Validate your copy of Windows before continuing" Select Yes or No

Select No  - Closes Puta

Select Yes - Hourglass comes up momentarily then can Just see background - Again no Icons

3. Tried Win U & Narration box came up & tried to get to Microsoft web page from link there but no luck

4. Opened in safe mode but naturally no network no Internet

5. Opened in Safe Mode with Networking -   Validation text came up again - Same result

6. Install 2nd Installation using same disc - entered same serial - All good - Validate & checked online

7. 2nd Install allows internet etc everything good

8. Prefer if someone could help to get original install work though

Thanks

Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:57 AM

Answers

• Thanks all for your time

& You are correct Darin of course about 'out of the fire' etc

However to satisfy urgent need, as I knew the source & as I was using my serial I decided to accept risk

(Note: It worked fine when I did a 2nd install using my serial on the same drive.

When I booted to that install the computer worked fine, network was fine, & I could validate correctly

Tested validation on microsoft site, all good)

Problem was with the original install which I preferred to have working correctly again.

After a cleanup of Virus I could not load network drivers (hence get on the net)

Did many things to try & fix like /scannow & /purge etc but these did not help

so I did a windows 'Repair' & it stalled at the login window apparently because it required validation before continuing

Couldn't validate without going on the internet

Could get to safe mode only, not safe mode with networking

Problem fixed Now

Simple solution,

Instead of a doing a 'repair' I opened in Safe Mode inserted Windows disc, selected install & then 'upgrade'

All working fine - validation now correct - internet etc working fine - back to pre-virus

I also removed 2nd Install

Thanks again

Bill W

Friday, July 23, 2010 12:33 AM

All replies

• "a00Bill_Williams" wrote in message news:dbd9c6e3-9d24-403e-9ec7-45cfee6934fd...

Hi All,

Hope this is an interesting problem for you

Ref: XP Home, Yes, it is a valid copy

2 Days ago Machine seemed fine. Using ok Got update automatically etc etc Internet was fine - In short everything seems normal

No new programs added

Problem

1. Virus Attack couldn't load network drivers etc etc. Restore Points Gone

Cleaned it up ok but still unable to load drivers needed - Local Area Network icon gone (was there 2 days ago)

Couldn't get onto Internet but Windows was working fine now

Search etc ok but still couldn't turn on Windows Firewall or connect to Internet

2. Did repair-Could not find original disc so downloaded Xp Home from internet (using another puta)

Repair seemed to be going well until log-on screen. At least just prior to log-on

Can see my background but no icons -

Pop-up "You must Validate your copy of Windows before continuing" Select Yes or No

Select No  - Closes Puta

Select Yes - Hourglass comes up momentarily then can Just see background - Again no Icons

3. Tried Win U & Narration box came up & tried to get to Microsoft web page from link there but no luck

4. Opened in safe mode but naturally no network no Internet

5. Opened in Safe Mode with Networking -   Validation text came up again - Same result

6. Install 2nd Installation using same disc - entered same serial - All good - Validate & checked online

7. 2nd Install allows internet etc everything good

8. Prefer if someone could help to get original install work though

Thanks

It sounds like Explorer is not opening on the original install - boot to it, and then use the three-finger salute (Ctrl+alt+Del) to bring up Task Manager - then use New Task to enter EXPLORER.EXE - with any luck that'll bring up the normal screen icons and allow you to continue the cleanup.
    This is really more a subject for the WinXP repair forum here http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xprepair/threads/ - to which further posts should be addressed.

HTH

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 8:05 AM
  • Hello a00Bill_Williams,

You wrote, "Did repair-Could not find original disc so downloaded Xp Home from internet (using another puta)"

Out of frying pan into fire.  Not good.  Over 1/2 of those downloads chock full of rootkits, malware, etc.

Install ONLY from genuine hologrammed Microsoft media or manufacturer's recovery media.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 2:22 PM
  • Hello a00Bill_Williams,

I've become lost in in the shorthand description of things that have occured and things you have done.

Could you provide a detailed description of the current issue you are facing now. In other words, what is the problem?

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 6:27 PM
  • Thanks all for your time

However to satisfy urgent need, as I knew the source & as I was using my serial I decided to accept risk

(Note: It worked fine when I did a 2nd install using my serial on the same drive.

When I booted to that install the computer worked fine, network was fine, & I could validate correctly

Problem was with the original install which I preferred to have working correctly again.

After a cleanup of Virus I could not load network drivers (hence get on the net)

so I did a windows 'Repair' & it stalled at the login window apparently because it required validation before continuing

Problem fixed Now

Simple solution,

Instead of a doing a 'repair' I opened in Safe Mode inserted Windows disc, selected install & then 'upgrade'

All working fine - validation now correct - internet etc working fine - back to pre-virus

Thanks again

Bill W

Friday, July 23, 2010 12:33 AM
  • FYI

Thanks for the tip but didn't work in this case

Sorry if thread was in the wrong place

Was stuck @ logon & validation requirement

Regards

Bill

Friday, July 23, 2010 12:36 AM
  • "a00Bill_Williams" wrote in message news:0f297e99-e286-49ed-9f83-9af402fdcd73...

Thanks all for your time

Problem fixed Now

Simple solution,

Thanks again

Bill W

Interesting solution - thanks for posting it!

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, July 23, 2010 6:55 AM