WHS, Vista Home Premium client remote assistance settings RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday I was looking around on my Vista home premium client, which has WHS connector installed.  I noticed in the System properties that "Remote Assistance" was enabled as well as "Allow this computer to be controlled remotely".  Does the WHS connector on my Vista machine need these setting enabled?  I thought I already disabled these features.  Did the connector software make the changes when I installed it to the VIsta machine?  I do not connect to the Vista machine remotely.
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:12 PM

Answers

• The Connector didn't do this. Windows Home Server is unable to connect you remotely to a computer running Windows Vista Home Premium, because it doesn't support a generic Remote Desktop connection. Only Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate versions of Windows (plus XP MCE 2005) support incoming Remote Desktop connections.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:15 PM

All replies

• The Connector didn't do this. Windows Home Server is unable to connect you remotely to a computer running Windows Vista Home Premium, because it doesn't support a generic Remote Desktop connection. Only Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate versions of Windows (plus XP MCE 2005) support incoming Remote Desktop connections.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:15 PM
  • Thank you for you quick answer.   I just wanted to be sure before disabling these settings. (Thought I already did disable them but oh well)

HE THAT WOULD LIVE AT PEACE AND AT EASE MUST NOT SPEAK ALL HE KNOWS NOR JUDGE ALL HE SEES.
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 4:32 PM